You’ve got an innovative R&D idea to boost the UK seafood sector? Brilliant! We want to see it. All ideas are welcome, and we’re particularly keen on innovative technologies aimed at:
1. Register on the BRAVO procurement portal.
2. Download the application pack from BRAVO.
3. Review the guidance, including the eligibility criteria (in the pack) and the assessment criteria
4. Submit your proposal.
5. Give yourself a pat on the back for submitting!
6. Three independent assessors will review your proposal, based on the assessment criteria. The assessors will be independent experts from the seafood, technology or engineering sector.
7. Applications and the assessments of these will be presented to the UK Seafood Innovation Fund Steering Group, who will review them and agree the list of proposals to be recommended for award.
8. The UK Seafood Innovation Fund Executive Board will review the recommendations and make the final decision about which proposals to award funding to.
9. You’ll be notified of the outcome around 3 months after the application deadline, along with summary feedback on the funding decision.
10. If your application is successful – congratulations!
You will retain intellectual property (IP) rights for your idea. However, given that we are looking to fund scalable innovations (see the ‘Uptake and commercial potential’ criterion under our Assessment Criteria), we may apply need to certain rights of usage including:
Full details of ownership of and rights to IP are covered in our standard contract, which you can download along with other application materials from the BRAVO portal.
Still have questions on any aspect of the application or funding process? Here’s our full list of FAQs!
Our short film series explores what innovation means to the UK Seafood Innovation Fund.